And so the Society has decided it's time to include a Pinotage catagory in their Fine Wine List.
The initial six are:
- Chamonix Greywacke Pinotage, Franschhoek 2011
- Beaumont Pinotage, Bot River 2013
- Neil Ellis Vineyard Selection Pinotage, Jonkershoek 2010
- Radford Dale Frankenstein Pinotage, Stellenbosch 2013
- Kanonkop Estate Pinotage, Stellenbosch 2011
- Rijk's Reserve Pinotage, Tulbagh 2009
The Wine Society has also added a Pinotage to their premium 'Exhibition' own label range. The Exhibition 2013 Pinotage is produced by Kanonkop and I suspect it's a re-badged 'Kadette' Pinotage.
The Wine Society, founded in 1874, is the world's oldest wine club and is a mutual society solely owned by its members.