- Anura 2007 WO Paarl
- Beyerskloof Diesel 2006 WO Stellenbosch
- Beyerskloof Reserve 2006 WO Stellenbosch
- Cathedral Cellar 2005 WO Coastal Region
- Cloof 2005 WO Darling
- Conradie Barrel Selection Reserve 2007 WO Nuy
- Deetlefs Oak Matured 2007 WO Breedekloof
- DeWaal Top of the Hill 2006 WO Stellenbosch
- Fairview Primo 2007 WO Paarl
- Groot Constantia 2006 WO Constantia
- Môreson 2007 WO Coastal Region
- Raka 2007 WO Western Cape
- Rijk's Private Cellar 2004 WO Tulbagh
- Seidelberg Estate Roland's Reserve 2006 WO Paarl
- Simonsig Redhill 2006 WO Stellenbosch
- Spier Private Collection 2005 WO Stellenbosch
- Stellenzicht Cellarmaster's Release 2006 WO Stellenbosch
- Tukulu 2006 WO Darling
- Wamakersvallei La Cave 2006 WO Wellington
- Welbedacht 2006 WO Wellington
From these twenty the Top 10 will be selected and it is going to be tough. There are some famous names and great winemakers in the running and they cannot all be in the Top 10.
The second wine on the list is a new one to me. Apparently it is a prestige bottling from Beyers Truter retailing at 250R, more than twice the cost of the Reserve. The wine is named after Beyers' sadly missed dog, Diesel .
The 10 winners will be announced on 27 August.